Brighton prepares for magic weekend in 2015
The city of Brighton is one of the most iconic destinations on the south coast of England and, next September, will take centre stage on the opening weekend of Rugby World Cup 2015 as it hosts two crucial Pool B matches involving South Africa, Japan, Samoa and the USA.
Just 24 hours after hosts England take on Fiji in the opening match of next year’s showcase tournament at Twickenham Stadium, the eyes of the world will turn to the south coast when the Springboks kick off their campaign against Japan at the Brighton Community Stadium. The following day, it will be Samoa and the USA’s turn to light up Brighton as the two sides go head to head in what promises to be a fascinating encounter.
In the first of an 11-part audio series on the Rugby World Cup 2015 Host Cities and Venues we put Brighton under the microscope. In this episode;
- Big screens on the beach
- Volunteer-hopefuls ready to welcome the world
- 30,750 reasons to get excited about the Brighton Community Stadium
- Why Japan will feel at home in Brighton
- Twelvetrees talks childhood memories on the south coast
- 60-second guide on how to spend a weekend in Brighton