TOKYO, 29 Sep - A selection of the best quotes from the coaches and players at Rugby World Cup 2019 on Sunday, 29 September.
"It was the wrong day to wear a long (sleeved) shirt. It was real hot up there."
- Georgia coach Milton Haig, who was soaked in sweat, on fashion choices best avoided on a hot day in Kumagaya.
"It's difficult to string things together on the pitch. All of a sudden you feel cooked."
- Sebastien Vahaamahina of France was also feeling the heat.
"I'm sure they would've got a bollocking at half-time and we knew they would come out all guns blazing, and that's what they did."
- Wales's Gareth Davies knew Australia were going to emerge fighting after being 23-8 behind at the break, and why.
"Just run, really."
- Davies again, on what went through his mind as he scored his interception try.
"Any positives we take we will keep to ourselves I think. We were looking good in the scrum tonight but got penalised - I'm not sure Australia is allowed a good scrum."
- Australia coach Michael Cheika was not happy after this team's dramatic loss to Wales.
"Of course, it’s a World Cup. There were some big calls, some went our way, some didn’t. We’ve got to pick ourselves back up."
- Australia captain Michael Hooper, pictured below scoring a try against Wales on Sunday, is more philosophical after the defeat.
"I take my hat off to them. It was great to watch and, like any other team, we were almost cheering. It was a fantastic atmosphere and this Rugby World Cup here in Japan has been amazing."
- Samoa coach Vaeluaga Steve Jackson loved watching Japan's victory on Saturday and is loving the tournament so far.
"I'm big on mental health and the life outside of rugby. The beauty of our game is that you've got to live in the moment. One day you can be up there high and next day it can be taken away from you."
- Samoa's Piula Faasalele on missing Rugby World Cup 2015 because of an injury and breaking his arm eight weeks ago.
"We still do it. Chopping off bits of a debutant’s hair. The old ones do it and you have to stay like it for a couple of days."
- Italy's Tommaso Benvenuti warns new players they will need those fresh caps to hide the damage.