TOKYO, 10 Sep - The best quotes from Eddie Jones at Rugby World Cup 2019 on Thursday, 10 October. Some of the tournament's other protagonists managed to get a word in edgeways too.
"What a fantastic game of rugby last night, Fiji-Wales, and what a player that Semi Radradra (FIJ) is. Just to be at the World Cup is a humbling experience to see him play with such, power, pace and guile. He said at the end of the game that he wanted to empty the tank for the country, and our players have the opportunity now to build the tank up and empty it on Saturday week against whoever we play. It was one of the best displays I have seen and I am talking as a fan."
- Eddie Jones goes all gooey over Semi Radradra's Player of the Match performance in Fiji's defeat by Wales on Wednesday.
"We are not concerned at all, we are excited. Who would have thought we would have two relatively easy games, one tough game and then two weeks to prepare for a quarter-final? Someone is smiling on us. The typhoon gods maybe."
- Jones on the 'disruption' to England's schedule caused by the impending Typhoon Hagibis.
"We love Miyazaki beef. We have 80kg of a special consignment coming Saturday night. Billy (Vunipola) is allowed his beef again."
- Jones explains why his team returned to train in Miyazaki.
"The biggest reason is because in all of Georgian history we have been fighting, we've had wars and have been defending our country all the time. We have it in our genes to fight, to wrestle. I think that's why we are good in the scrum."
- Full-back Soso Matiashvili ponders the power of the Lelos pack.
"There's no shortage of footage. There's eight camera angles from every game or whatever it is, so we have done our homework. You give every team the respect they deserve."
- Australia's David Pocock isn't concerned that Australia have not previously played their final Pool D opponents Georgia.
"Players who've been playing, like myself, wouldn't have got good training without those not selected. We have three wins now but they're the ones who did all the analysis on oppositions. They tell us how the other team set their lineouts and scrums. We're communicating well and I'm very thankful to them."
- Japan hooker Shota Horie salutes the Brave Blossoms' back-up players.
"On the pitch he brings a real physical edge - he’s so combative. Off the pitch he’s great craic, able to have a laugh and everything else."
- Ireland second-row James Ryan appreciates the contribution of centre Bundee Aki.