TOKYO, 12 Oct - The best quotes from coaches and players at RWC 2019 on Saturday, 12 October.
"You can't tell a typhoon to go away."
- Australia centre and vice-captain Samu Kerevi. He's not wrong.
"Twenty years – wow. Hopefully I will be around that long."
- Tonga coach Toutai Kefu on it being 20 years since he won the Rugby World Cup with Australia, when the Ireland coach was Warren Gatland, now in charge of Wales.
"We all get on great, there’s plenty of banter and we have fun, but if there are a few issues you can sort it out with a late shoulder."
- Kefu on the Tonga coaching staff enjoying a game of 'touch' rugby.
"I couldn’t believe it actually, to be honest. I thought the ref was blowing for a penalty because he was two metres behind me."
- Nobody was more surprised about Frans Malherbe's first international try, in his 34th test, than the South Africa prop himself.
"He's entitled to his opinion, isn't he? We'll do our talking on the field."
- Scotland full-back Stuart Hogg's stern response to Japan coach Jamie Joseph’s comments that Scotland are out to "avoid embarrassment".
"I've seen it when players fail. They blame other people, other things except themselves. They always have excuses. So we take all the excuses away."
- Dr Vernon Morkel, Namibia's team doctor, as the Welwitschias look to end their 22-game Rugby World Cup winless streak when they take on Canada on Sunday.
"When we embarked on the road to the World Cup and when we got to Japan, we told the world we had come to surprise them. But that message is only part of the original. The part that completes the banner we brought with us says, 'with the relentless ambition to make history'. Tomorrow we have an opportunity to do that."
- Ahead of tomorrow's final Pool D match, Uruguay's Diego Magno fears no Welshman.