TOKYO, 18 Oct - A selection of the best quotes from Rugby World Cup 2019 on Friday.
"He's taken that stupid moustache off, so that's a good sign."
- New Zealand assistant coach Ian Foster approves of centre Jack Goodhue's decision to remove the facial hair he seemed so proud of, above.
"I'm not getting rid of the mullet. You can ask this every week but it's not going. There is scientific evidence that shows it makes me faster. It was done at Harvard, I think."
- Goodhue strikes back.
"Playing them five weeks ago helps a lot. We weren't that well prepared in Brighton that day."
- South Africa second-row Lood de Jager hopes there will be no more miracles for the Brave Blossoms in Sunday's quarter-final.
"I've renamed the test match as a warm-up for South Africa and rehearsal for us."
- Japan coach Jamie Joseph takes a different view of the 41-7 defeat on 6 September.
"I've decided to stop their scrum and maul. If we manage that probably South Africa have no other options. So I'll stop those two."
- Meanwhile, Japan prop Isileli Nakajima plans to beat the Boks single-handedly.
"The planning for this (quarter-final) has probably been in his head for the last 10 years rather than the last four, two or 18 months."
- Wales coach Warren Gatland leaves nothing to chance, according to captain Alun Wyn Jones.
"The message to the players is you've got two choices here - we are either on the plane on Monday or we are here until the end."
- Gatland this time. No pressure then, Wales.
"I look old, I don't know if I feel old."
- Australia captain Michael Hooper on the implications of being idolised by pretenders to the flanker throne, England's Tom Curry and Sam Underhill..
"Thanks to my sloppiness, I let doubt creep into the team. We were in front but my mistake killed the mood."
- France winger Yoann Huget's worst memory of playing against Wales? This year's 24-19 defeat in the Six Nations, no question.