Public viewing of RWC 2019 final at Prince Chichibu Memorial Rugby Stadium
TOKYO, 29 Oct - With Rugby World Cup fever spreading across Japan and following record-breaking fanzone attendances throughout Rugby World Cup 2019, the Japan 2019 Organising Committee has announced a public viewing for the Rugby World Cup 2019 final will be held at Prince Chichibu Memorial Rugby Stadium in central Tokyo on Saturday, 2 November.
Japan Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee CEO Akira Shimazu said: “Rugby World Cup 2019 has captured the imagination of the Japanese public in a way few dared to ever imagine.
“With incredible on-field action throughout the tournament, and with local and international fans coming together to celebrate with joy and exuberance, the eyes of Japan have been opened to the wonderful spirit of fun, friendship and respect synonymous with the sport of rugby, and the global festival that is Rugby World Cup.
“With a sold-out Yokohama International Stadium, packed fanzones and tens of millions of people expected to watch the match live on TV across Japan, we are delighted to be able to offer this additional public viewing opportunity in the heart of Tokyo at one of Japan’s most famous rugby stadiums.”
World Rugby Chairman Sir Bill Beaumont added: “Rugby World Cup 2019 is all about people gathering to celebrate the best of rugby and the best of Japan and today’s announcement is exciting for fans. I am sure that everyone will have a great evening as we mark the final of what has been one of the great Rugby World Cups.”
Public Viewing Details
Saturday, 2 November. Gates open 16:00 (Match kick-off 18:00)
Prince Chichibu Memorial Rugby Stadium
2-8-35 Kita Aoyama
Closest metro station: Gainenmae (Ginza line)
- Due to stadium capacity limitations, this is a ticketed event with admission only possible when in possession of a valid ticket
- Tickets are available from 10:00 JST Wednesday, 30 October at http://w.pia.jp/a/rwc2019-publicviewing-eng/
- All tickets must be purchased online and collected at a Seven Eleven convenience store
- A nominal printing and administration fee of ¥330 will be charged per ticket, with fans able to purchase a maximum of six tickets
- All tickets are reserved seating
- Fans are permitted to bring food and non-alcoholic beverages only into the venue
- Alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase within the venue
- Bag searches will be carried out by security personal upon entry into the venue