Trafalgar Square is one of the most iconic landmarks of London and will host an official Rugby World Cup 2015 Fanzone over the semi-final and final weekends. The Square is a focal point for sports fans during any major event held in the capital and for five days in October it will be turned into a rugby fan's paradise, with a range of rugby-themed activities, sponsor activations and entertainment. There will be food available inspired by the participating nations and a full range of music and entertainment on the main stage and a mini-pitch in the middle of the Square for all kinds of rugby coaching & activity.
The Trafalgar Square Fanzone will host a live match screening of the Final and this is the perfect location for locals and tourists alike to soak up the RWC atmosphere and get involved in the tournament.
What makes our Fanzone unique?
- The Webb Ellis Cup will be on display in the Fanzone on Fri 22 Oct, Sat 23 Oct & Sun 24 Oct from 10:00 until 16:00
- Trafalgar Square is a truly iconic London landmark
- Stage and screen by Nelson’s Column
- Mini-pitch in the middle of the Square
- October 23, 10:00 –16:00
- October 24, 10:00 – 16:00
- October 25, 10:00 – 16:00
- October 30, 10:00 – 20:00
- October 31, 10:00 – 20:00
Cost of entry
Getting to the Fanzone
The Fanzone is located in the heart of London and so there are a variety of public transport options. There is no dedicated car parking for the Fanzone. The stations within walking distance of the Fanzone are:
- Charing Cross (Northern and Bakerloo lines and National Rail)
- Embankment (Bakerloo, District and Circle lines)
- Leicester Square (Piccadilly line)
- Piccadilly Circus (Piccadilly and Bakerloo line)
To plan your journey to the Fanzone please use our journey planner at www.rugbyworldcup.com/journeyplanner.
You are advised to travel into the area as early as possible so that you can make the most of your time there. Further advice on travelling around the area, particularly on the day of the Final, is available from Transport for London at tfl.gov.uk/rugby-travel.