These Terms and Conditions shall govern your participation in the Match Predictor Competition on the Official Rugby World Cup App or at www.rugbyworldcup.com, and your eligibility to be selected for the winner’s prize of either competition.
This Competition is promoted by Société Générale S.A. (the “Promoter”) who shall provide the prize to the winner of the Competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the rules.
Prior to the awarding of prizes, the winners shall be required to confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. Entrants: The Competition is open to all ages, although if the winner of the Competition is aged 16 or under, the consent of their parent or guardian will be required before the winner can go forward to receive the winner’s prize. Employees of the Promoter, their agents, third parties, and any person professionally connected with this promotion and their immediate families shall be eliminated from the Competition at the prize awarding stage.
2. Purchase Requirements: No Purchase Necessary.
3. How to enter:
To enter the Competition:
- You must choose your predicted outcome from each match at Rugby World Cup 2019 (e.g. which team will win (or whether the match will be a draw), the margin of victory and first try scorer) on the Official Rugby World Cup App or at www.rugbyworldcup.com and submit your selection;
- Points will be awarded based on the performance of your predicted outcome against the actual match outcomes;
- You can compete against other players in sub-categories such as age group, team supported, etc., or create your own mini-league and invite your friends to join.
- If you correctly predict all of the relevant games (or, at the Promoter’s discretion, predict more games correctly than any other entrant), your entry will be deemed a “qualifying entry” and will go forward to the winner selection draw.
4. Winner Selection: The winner of the Competition shall be the player with the most amount of points earned by their match outcome predictions. estimation of the time and resources required to implement the Change. At the Promotor’s discretion, prizes may be offered to 2nd, 3rd or lower ranking places in the overall Competitions and winners may be selected from sub-categories such as fans of a particular participating team. In the event that there is a tie in the number of points won between different entrants in any prize winner position, the selected winner will be the first entry selected at random from all tying entries.
5. Winner Notification: The selected prize winners of the Competition (and any sub-categories of the Competition) shall be contacted by RWCL once the winner selection process has concluded. Prize winners are required to confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions before the awarding of any prize.
6. Disclosure of Winner Details to Promoter to receive prize: In order to be eligible to receive the winner’s prize for either competition, you will be asked to confirm that you consent to RWCL sharing your contact details with the Promoter. If you do not agree to RWCL sharing your details with the Promoter, you will not be able to receive the winner’s prize and the Promoter may either, at its discretion, (a) request RWCL to select an alternative winner of the Competition or (b) conclude the Competition without awarding any prize.
7. Nature of Prize: Each winner’s prize shall be as determined by the Promoter. There is no cash or other alternative to these prizes in whole or in part. The winners drawn at random undertake to accept the prizes as proposed without the possibility of exchange, in particular for cash, other goods or services of any kind whatsoever or transfer of the benefit to a third person. Similarly, these lots may not be the subject of claims for compensation, in particular for sums due to the Promoter.
Details of the prizes:
- Overall ranking:
- 1st one = 1 TV with home cinema and a signed French jersey
- 2nd = 1 backpack + 1 signed French jersey + 1 rugby ball + 1 cap + 1 pen
- 3rd = 1 signed French jersey
- After pool stage: 1st one = 1 Macbook
- At the end of the game :
- First of each “country supported” ranking = 1 rugby ball for each winner. It is agreed that it is not possible to win twice (overall ranking and “country supported” ranking). The winners of the overall ranking will not receive any prize from the “country supported” ranking.
8. Age of prize winner: The winner of any prize must provide proof of age to RWCL. If any prize winner is aged 16 or under, RWCL will require consent from a parent or guardian of such entrant to the disclosure of the entrant’s contact details with the Promoter.
9. Negative Publicity: Winners shall not, in connection with their competition prizes, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL ,the Rugby World Cup or the Promoter. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause 10 shall cause significant damage and loss to RWCL and/or the Promoter.
10. Promoter’s Decision: The decision of the Promoter and/or, as applicable, RWCL in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
11. Third Parties: Neither the Promoter nor RWCL is responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
12. Industrial and Intellectual Property: The reproduction, representation or exploitation of all or part of the elements composing the game that are offered are strictly prohibited.
All trademarks or product names mentioned are trademarks or registered product names of their respective owners.
13. Responsibility for Promotion: This promotion is run by the Promoter with the permission of RWCL. Accordingly the Promoter, subject always to clause 16 below, is responsible for the operation of and all matters and concerns relating to the promotion, but only as defined below not RWCL or any other persons involved in the staging of Rugby World Cup 2019 (including Tournament Organiser) and World Rugby (formerly the International Rugby Board), all of whom shall not be responsible for or liable to entrants in any way whatsoever in connection with this Competition.
The Promoter cannot be held liable in the event of force majeure as defined by case law or fortuitous events beyond its control.
The Promoter cannot be held responsible for delays, losses, theft, damage to mail, lack of legibility of stamps due to postal services. Nor can it be held liable and no recourse may be brought against it in the event of events of force majeure (strikes, bad weather, etc.) which partially or totally deprive the participants of the opportunity to participate in the game and/or the winner(s) of the benefit of their prize(s).
The Promoter and its service providers and partners may under no circumstances be held liable for any incidents that may occur in the use of the prizes by beneficiaries or their guests once the winners have taken possession of them.
Similarly, the Promoter, as well as its service providers and partners, cannot be held liable for the loss or theft of prizes once the winners have taken possession of them. Any additional cost necessary to take possession of the prizes is the sole responsibility of the winners, without them being able to claim any compensation from the Promoter, or from the service providers or partners.
14. Cancellation of Promotion: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this promotion due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
15. Unlawful Entries: Entrants must not be resident in a jurisdiction in which participation breaches any applicable laws. By entering, the entrant warrants that he or she is permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction to do so.
16. DISCLAIMER: NEITHER RWCL, THE PROMOTER NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFLIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS WILL BE LIABLE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OUR ORGANISING OR HOLDING OF THIS COMPETITION OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY ENTRY FOR THIS COMPETITION OR AS A RESULT OF THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF THE COMPETITION WINNERS, OR IF THE COMPETITION OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS DO NOT RUN AS PLANNED. IF THE COMPETITION OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS OR ANY PART OF THE SAME IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING OR BEING COMPLETED AS PLANNED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONS OF INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORISED INTERVENTION, TECHNICAL FAILURES OR ANY OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF RWCL, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THIS COMPETITION AND/OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS.
17. Severance: If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
18. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
RWCL and the Promoter reserve the right to decide without appeal any difficulty that may arise with regard to the interpretation or application of these Terms and Conditions, it being understood that no dispute will be allowed, in particular regarding the terms of the Competition, the results, the prizes or their receipt, after 31 of December 2019. Except in the event of obvious errors, it is agreed that the information resulting from RWCL's Competition systems has probative value in any dispute concerning the connection elements and the computer processing of said information relating to the Competition.
Any complaint must be addressed in writing before 12/31/2019 to: SOCIETE GENERALE – COMM/MSP – 189 rue d’Aubervilliers - 75886 PARIS CEDEX 18 - FRANCE. After this date, no claims will be accepted. Participation in the game implies full acceptance of these rules.