The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee places particular importance, in the context of its activities, on guaranteeing the confidentiality of the personal data it collects and uses, and more broadly on protecting the privacy of its customers in particular.The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee places particular importance, in the context of its activities, on guaranteeing the confidentiality of the personal data it collects and uses, and more broadly on protecting the privacy of its customers in particular.
The Data Protection Policy herein describes how your personal data is collected when you connect to and use the websites of the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee (“Sites”) and our mobile applications (“Apps”). It also provides information on how your personal data is used and protected by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee, the rights that you have and informs you on how to contact us.
This policy is an important document. We recommend that you read it carefully and check it regularly in case any modifications have been made. This policy was last amended in August 2020.
We welcome your comments regarding this privacy statement. If you feel that our Sites are in any way non-compliant with this privacy statement, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org, we will use all reasonable means to quickly determine the problem and remedy it.
By registering or completing a contact form on our sites controlled by the Rugby World Cup 2023 Organising Committee, you agree to and accept that the Rugby World Cup 2023 Organising Committee may collect, process, store and/or use personal data submitted in accordance with the rules set out below.
By giving us your consent, you also retain the right to rectification, the right to be forgotten and/or the right to delete your personal data.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee collects only necessary and relevant information or receives it from you, via our Sites and Apps.
In some cases, you directly provide us with personal information, for instance when you create an account, make a purchase, subscribe to our newsletters or participate in a contest. The information you provide to us includes:
- Data that can be used to identify you (surname, first names, date of birth, identity document)
- Contact data (postal and email address, telephone number)
- Data relating to operations carried out from our Sites and Apps (products and tickets purchased, purchase history)
- Payment data (RIB) and information relating to the transaction carried out
- Opinions and comments posted on our Sites and Apps
- Data relating to the France 2023 Rugby World Cup (stadium, place of accommodation, date and time of arrival).
In other cases, we may collect data using cookies (for more information, please consult cookies policy France 2023) in order to better understand how you use our Sites and Apps. The personal data which we collect automatically and directly from you when you use our services includes:
- IP address and device identifiers
- Browser or device technical data (name, device operating system, preferred language)
- Authentication data (login and usage logs, IP address, unique identifier)
- Navigation data (Sites or Apps visited, last pages viewed, advertisements clicked on, products searched for, duration of your visit, products placed in your basket, etc.).
We also have information on the persons designated as beneficiaries of access to a sporting event or event organised by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee. Their information will not be used for any other purpose.
PROTECTION OF CHILDREN'S PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our Site does not intentionally collect children’s personal information.
We encourage parents to educate their children about the need to protect their privacy and about the way they communicate on the Internet.
In addition, we respect legal provisions in this area and do not allow children under the age of 16 to register on our Sites and Apps. We will therefore seek the agreement of the legal guardians when a minor creates an account via the Sites or Apps or requests participation in activities carried out by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee (competitions in particular).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA – PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee uses your personal data to:
- Inform you about all events relating to the France 2023 Rugby World Cup
- Provide you with the products and services requested
- Process and track your order, including product delivery
- Communicate with you about the purchase, or the event you are attending
- Answer your questions, address your problems, seek your opinion
- Record your competition entries, predictions, and survey responses
- Manage payment of your purchases.
We also process data for purposes other than strict performance of contract, having first ensured the legitimate interest in carrying out such processing. The purposes for which we may process your data (including sharing your data as described below) are:
- Organising direct marketing operations and sales promotions
- Planning, logistical and other operational matters relating to the organisation of Rugby World Cup 2023 (including matters relating to ticketholder communications, venue operations, transport plans and general promotional and marketing operations relating to the tournament)
- Carrying out studies and statistics to improve your experience
- Analysing the uses of products and services in order to improve our offers
- Identifying and correcting bugs that may occur on our Sites and Apps to ensure their proper functioning
- Protecting yourself against fraudulent transactions or embezzlement
- Defending our rights to legal defence and litigation management
- Guaranteeing the exercise of your rights.
We also process your data, within the limits of and in compliance with the provisions of Article L. 332-1 of the Sports Code, for the purpose of ensuring the security of sporting events by refusing or cancelling, where applicable, tickets to these events, or denying access to persons who have violated or are in violation of the provisions of the general conditions of sale or the internal regulations relating to the security of such events.
If you consent, we will send you our marketing communications and news about the products, services and events organised by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee and its partners (Mainly Rugby World Cup Limited and/or commercial partners of Rugby World Cup 2023 and/or Fédération Française de Rugby (depending on the preferences you express), each of whom may send you promotions, news and other information where you have consented to receiving these).
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee may transfer your personal data to:
- Service providers insofar as they are involved for the provision of a product or service, for example the postal and delivery services;
- Payment service providers handling the appropriate payment transactions and controls;
- Third parties providing us with IT services, such as platform providers, hosting services, technical support for our software and applications that may contain data about you, data analysis, and email distribution;
- Service providers, associated with the organisation of events and events organised by the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee, including those responsible for access to and security within the event arena;
- The administrative, judicial and supervisory authorities, where such communication is required by law.
- Fédération Française de Rugby, with the aim of contributing to the promotion of the Rugby World Cup 2023 and in administrative, operational and technical operations.
- Rugby World Cup Limited, owner of the Rugby World Cup and a subsidiary of World Rugby. The information about you which we will share with Rugby World Cup Limited/World Rugby (and the reasons this information will be used) may include:
- your ID and contact data, as well as information regarding any tickets to Rugby World Cup 2023 purchased by you (but not any financial information), so that Rugby World Cup Limited may send you information regarding the tickets you have purchased for Rugby World Cup;
- Where you consent to us doing so, we will share your ID and contact data with Rugby World Cup, World Rugby their group companies and organisers of future Rugby World Cups in order to provide you with information, news and promotions about World Rugby, its events and activities (including Rugby World Cups) and the game of rugby;
- We will also share your information with Rugby World Cup Limited for the purposes of administrative, operational and technical operations.
For information on the privacy practices of Rugby World Cup Limited and the World Rugby group, please visit www.rugbyworldcup.com/2023/privacy-policy.
Where you consent to us doing so, we will share your ID and contact data with commercial sponsors of Rugby World Cup 2023 (please see official Rugby World Cup 2023 websites for details of commercial sponsors). However, save where you have prior consented as noted above, no data about you will be transferred to partners for marketing or commercial prospecting purposes.
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee shall also ensure that its partners and service providers involved in providing the service comply with the principles set out in the regulations in effect.
Your personal data will be retained for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes set out in this Policy, within the legal time limits. This means that we retain your personal data for as long as you log in from one of our Sites or Apps in the last three years.
In the event of purchase on our ticketing or shop site and participation in an event in connection with the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee, your personal data will be retained for a longer period in order to comply with our legal obligations and ensure our rights of defence within the limit of five years following the end of the relationship.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA OUTSIDE THE EU
The data pertaining to you may be processed outside the European Union. In this case, we take the necessary measures with respect to our service providers to guarantee an adequate level of data protection and this in full compliance with the regulations in force.
If the service providers concerned are not located in a country with legislation considered to offer adequate protection, they will then have previously signed the European Commission's "standard contractual clauses" or will be subject to binding internal rules approved by the supervisory authorities in the field of personal data protection.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To protect your data, we implement appropriate organisational and technical measures. In general, we strive to protect personal data taking into account the sensitivity of the information in question and the potential risks involved in the processing and implementation of the information. We use all appropriate means to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, availability and resilience of your data. We also take care to ensure that your data is stored in information systems that offer an appropriate level of security, access to which is protected, restricted and recorded.
We enter into strict confidentiality agreements with all persons involved in the processing of data on our behalf. We furthermore ensure that all staff members and persons involved in data processing comply with all data protection rules and undertake to keep the data processed confidential.
If you believe that your personal data is being used inappropriately by third parties, we kindly ask that you notify us immediately by e-mail at the following address email@example.com
YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA PROTECTION
In compliance with the regulations, you have the following rights:
- Right of access – enabling you to receive information about the processing of your personal data and a copy thereof;
- Right of rectification – which enables you, if your personal data is inaccurate, to require it to be amended accordingly; If you have an account, it is easy to change your data via the “My Account” function.Right to delete / right to be forgotten – which enables you to deletion or removal of your personal data;
- Right to restriction – which enables you to place restrictions on the extent to which we process your data;
- Right to portability – which enables you to receive an electronic copy or transfer of your data from our database to another;
- You can also send us your instructions for the retention, deletion or communication of your data in the event of death and designate the person who will be responsible for it.
These rights are not absolute rights, but are exercised under the conditions and within the limits laid down by the regulations.
If you have agreed to receive commercial solicitations electronically or to receive our newsletters, you can unsubscribe by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link found in any email or communication we send you. You also have the right to disable cookies.
If you are the legal guardian of a child under the age of 16 and believe that your child has provided us with information without your consent, you can write to us at the contact address below so that we can delete this information and close his/her account if necessary.
EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS TO DATA PROTECTION
You can exercise your rights at any time by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application must be accompanied by a photocopy of proof of identity (national identity card or passport, resident card, residence permit or circulation booklet issued by the French State or European Union identity card). You will be sent a response by the relevant department within one month of receipt of your request.
If you wish and in accordance with the regulations, you may submit a complaint to the CNIL in accordance with the procedures found on its website (www.cnil.fr).
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee attaches the utmost importance to the security and integrity of the personal data of its stakeholders.
Consequently, and in accordance with applicable regulations, the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee undertakes to take all necessary precautions to preserve the security of the data and in particular to protect it against any accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, unauthorised distribution or access, as well as against any other form of unlawful processing or communication to unauthorised persons.
Despite all the measures taken, a security breach is still possible. This is why, in the event of a security breach affecting you, the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee undertakes to inform you as soon as possible and to make its best efforts to take all possible measures to neutralise the intrusion and minimise its impacts. Should you suffer damages as a result of a third party's taking advantage of a security breach, the France 2023 Rugby World Cup Organising Committee undertakes to provide you with all the necessary assistance so that you can assert your rights. It should be kept in mind that any user, customer or any other third party finding a security breach and the operator is subject to criminal sanctions and that the Organising Committee of the 2023 France Rugby World Cup will take all measures, including by filing a complaint and/or taking legal action, to preserve the data and rights of its users and their families and to limit their impact to a minimum.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
Regulations and practices change over time. We therefore reserve the right to make changes to the Personal Data Protection Policy at any time to adapt them to these changes.
In this context, the Personal Data Protection Policy will be republished on our Sites and Apps so that you can become familiar with it directly.
Copyright © Rugby World Cup Limited 2020. All Rights Reserved.