Think you know your rugby? Get involved with the Rugby World Cup 2023 Predictor. Log-in and play our new tournament game. The points breakdown are as follows:
Full tournament predictions:
- 50 points for selecting the tournament winner (Team)
- 50 points for selecting the correct tournament top points scorer (Player)
- 50 points for selecting the correct tournament top tries Scorer (Player)
Per match predictions:
- 5 points for selecting the correct winner for a given game
- 15 points for predicting who the first try-scorer will be
- 20 points for guessing the correct match score
- 15 points if you get all of the above spot on for a specific match
- In the event of drawn match, you will awarded 20 points for correct match score
If you have correctly predicted the winning team for a given match without the correct exact score, further points are awarded as follows:
- 1 point away from exact score = 10 points
- 2 points away from exact score = 9 points
- 3 points away from exact score = 8 points
- 4 points away from exact score = 7 points
- 5 points away from exact score = 6 points
- 6 points away from exact score = 5 points
- 7 points away from exact score = 4 points
- 8 points away from exact score = 3 points
- 9 points away from exact score = 2 points
- 10 points away from exact score = 1 point
Once you have entered the game you can compete against fans from around the world, fans of your favourite team or you can set up your own mini-league and compete with your mates.
When do I need to submit my predictions by? The deadline for submitting your predictions for each game is 5 minutes before each match kick-off time as determined by the match schedule on the Rugby World Cup 2023 website.
How many matches are there, and do I have to predict all of them throughout the whole tournament? There are 48 matches – the more games you predict, the more chance you have of winning!
Register, log-in and get predicting!
RUGBY WORLD CUP MATCH PREDICTOR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions shall govern your participation in the Match Predictor Competition (the “Competition”) on the Official Rugby World Cup App or at www.rugbyworldcup.com, and your eligibility to be selected for the winner’s prizes of the Competition. The Competition is run by Rugby World Cup Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of World Rugby (together, World Rugby) and apply to you so far as the law permits so please read them carefully.
This Competition is promoted by Société Générale S.A. (the “Promoter”) who shall provide the prize to the winner of the Competition in accordance with these terms and conditions.
Acceptance of the rules is a condition of entry and entry instructions form part of the rules.
Prior to the awarding of prizes, the winners shall be required to confirm acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants: The Competition is open to all ages, although if the winner of the Competition is aged 16 or under, the consent of their parent or guardian will be required before the winner can go forward to receive the winner’s prize. . World Rugby and World Rugby Affiliate employees, or those employed by World Rugby ’ subsidiaries, their agents, third parties or anyone else professionally connected with the Rugby World Cup, (and their immediate families) may enter but shall not be eligible to claim any prizes. The Promoter /World Rugby reserves the right to verify the eligibility of Users. The Promoter/World Rugby may require such information as it considers reasonably necessary for this purpose and a prize may be withheld unless and until the Promoter/World Rugby is satisfied with the verification in their sole discretion.
Any entrant made contrary to the provisions of these Terms and Conditions will render the participation invalid. Any entrant suspected of fraud may be excluded from the Competition by the Promoter / World Rugby without having to justify itself. Any identification or participation that is incomplete, erroneous or illegible, whether deliberately or not, or made in a form other than that provided for in these Terms and Conditions, may be considered invalid.
- Purchase Requirements: No Purchase Necessary.
- How to enter:
To enter the Competition:
- You must choose your predicted outcome from each match at Rugby World Cup 2023 (e.g. which participating Team will win (or whether the match will be a draw), the margin of victory,first try scorer, (and new pre-tournament predictions such as winning team, top try scorer and top point scorer) on the Official Rugby World Cup App or at rugbyworldcup.com and submit your selection. To be eligible to receive prizes, you must enter the Promoter’s private leagues detailed below;
- Points will be awarded based on the performance of your predicted outcome against the actual match's outcomes;
- You can compete against other players in sub-categories such as age group, team supported, etc., or create your own mini-league and invite your friends to join. List of 3 overall leaderboards below:
- - Overall leaderboard including all entrants who signed up.
- - Overall leaderboard per age group.
- - Overall leaderboard per participating team supported.
- You also may enter both the Promoter’s private leagues detailed at clause 7 below and choose your predicted outcome for each match at Rugby World Cup 2023 (e.g. which participating Team will win (or whether the match will be a draw), the margin of victory, first try scorer, (and new pre-tournament predictions such as winning team, top try scorer and top point scorer) (or, at the Promoter’s discretion, predict more games correctly than any other entrant). However, an entrant can only be awarded with prizes in the following circumstances: (I) If an entrant in the Société Générale Retail Bank League is not a Société Générale Bank Account owner (between 08/28/2023 and 10/28/2023), they won’t be eligible to win any prize; (ii) an entrant is only eligible to win prizes related
- If an entrant gets prizes in both leagues, they get the prize in the league where they have the highest ranking.
- If an entrant has the same ranking in both leagues, they gets the prize in the league they joined first.
- Winner Selection: The winner of the Competition shall be the entrant with the most amount of points earned by their match outcome predictions. At the Promotor’s discretion in its private leagues, prizes may be offered to entrants based on their ranking places in these private leagues competitions . In the event that there is a tie in the number of points won between different entrants in any prize winner position, the selected winner will be the first entry selected at random from all tying entries.
- Winner Notification: The selected prize winners of the Competitions run in the Promoter’s private leagues) shall be contacted by RWCL/the Promoter once the winner selection process has concluded. Prize winners are required to confirm acceptance of these terms and conditions before the awarding of any prize.
The personal information relating to you that we may collect in relation to your entry will include:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address;
- Your country of residence;
- Your date of birth;
- Your Team supported;
- If you win a prize, we may need to collect your postal address and a contact number (in order for you to receive a prize via post); and
- Any correspondence we have with you in relation to our consideration of your entry.
- Disclosure of Winner Details to Promoter to receive prize: In order to be eligible to receive the winner’s prizes for either competition, you will be asked to confirm that you consent to RWCL sharing your contact details with the Promoter. If you do not agree to RWCL sharing your details with the Promoter, you will not be able to receive the winner’s prize and the Promoter may either, at its discretion, (a) request RWCL to select an alternative winner of the Competition or (b) conclude the Competition without awarding any prize.
- Nature of Prize: Each winner’s prize shall be as determined by the Promoter (see below). There is no cash or other alternative to these prizes in whole or in part. The winners based on their ranking position undertake to accept the prizes as proposed without the possibility of exchange, in particular for cash, other goods or services of any kind whatsoever or transfer of the benefit to a third person. Similarly, these lots may not be the subject of claims for compensation, in particular for sums due to the Promoter.
Details of the prizes:
For 1) Société Générale Retail Bank League ( general public may be entrants into the Competition but prizes may be awarded to Société Générale account owners only) :
- 20 France jerseys for the top 20 best players at the end of the tournament in this private league (the value being 95 euros TTC for each jersey).
- 20 official RWC 2023 balls for the 21st to 40th best players at the end of the tournament in this private league (the value being 40.95 euros TTC for the ball)
- 50 scarfs SG x RWC 2023 for the 50 best players at the end of the tournament in this private league (the value being 15 euros TTC for each scarf)
For 2) Par Amour du Rugby League (accessible for general public):
- 10 France jerseys for the 10 best at the end of the tournament in this private league (the value being 95 euros TTC for the jersey).
- 10 official RWC ball for the 10th to 20th places at the end of the tournament in this private league (the value being 40.95 euros TTC for the ball).
- 2 tickets to attend a semifinal for the entrant with the highest ranking after the pool stage in this private league(the value being 350 euros TTC for each ticket ) .
The value of the prizes is determined at the time of drafting these rules and cannot be contested.
The Promotor reserves the right, in the event of the occurrence of an event beyond its control, in particular linked to its suppliers/partners or to unforeseeable circumstances, to replace the prizes announced with prizes of equivalent value. Winners will be informed of any changes.
* Where the prize is for tickets, it is for tickets only and does not include any flights, accommodation, internal travel, food, drink or any expense of any kind. World Rugby/the Promoter is not responsible for visa requirements that may apply in travelling to and from the event, or as a result of winning, collecting, use or enjoyment of any prize. Use of the tickets is subject to the terms and conditions on the tickets and the regulations in force at the applicable venue. The tickets may not be resold under any circumstances.
- Age of prize winner: The winner of any prize must provide proof of age to RWCL. If any prize winner is aged 16 or under, RWCL will require consent from a parent or guardian of such entrant to the disclosure of the entrant’s contact details with the Promoter.
- Negative Publicity: Winners shall not, in connection with their competition prizes, display or publicize any political slogans or homophobic language, images of a lewd or explicitly sexual nature, images containing logos of competitors and overt brand sponsorship or anything else deemed to be ambush marketing or an abuse of the Rugby World Cup, content which is defamatory, obscene, illegal, vulgar, offensive or otherwise unsuitable or infringes others’ rights (including intellectual property rights) or reflects negatively upon any of RWCL ,the Rugby World Cup, any Rugby World Cup Team or the Promoter. Each entrant agrees and acknowledges that any breach of this clause 9 shall cause significant damage and loss to RWCL and/or the Promoter and all rights are reserved in this regard
- 10. Promoter’s Decision: The decision of the Promoter and/or, as applicable, RWCL in all matters is final and binding and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- Third Parties: Neither the Promoter nor RWCL is responsible for any third party acts or omissions.
- Industrial and Intellectual Property: The reproduction, representation or exploitation of all or part of the elements composing the Game that are offered are strictly prohibited. All trademarks or product names mentioned are trademarks or registered product names of their respective owners.
- Responsibility for Competition
The Promoter cannot be held liable in the event of force majeure as defined by case law or fortuitous events beyond its control.
The Promoter cannot be held responsible for delays, losses, theft, damage to mail, lack of legibility of stamps due to postal services. Nor can it be held liable and no recourse may be brought against it in the event of events of force majeure (strikes, bad weather, etc.) which partially or totally deprive the participants of the opportunity to participate in the game and/or the winner(s) of the benefit of their prize(s).
The Promoter and its service providers and partners may under no circumstances be held liable for any incidents that may occur in the use of the prizes by beneficiaries or their guests once the winners have taken possession of them.
Similarly, the Promoter, as well as its service providers and partners, cannot be held liable for the loss or theft of prizes once the winners have taken possession of them. Any additional cost necessary to take possession of the prizes is the sole responsibility of the winners, without them being able to claim any compensation from the Promoter, or from the service providers or partners.
- Cancellation of Promotion: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend this Competition due to events or circumstances arising beyond its control.
- Unlawful Entries: Entrants must not be resident in a jurisdiction in which participation breaches any applicable laws. By entering, the entrant warrants that he or she is permitted by law in the relevant jurisdiction to do so.
- DISCLAIMER: NEITHER RWCL, THE PROMOTER NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFLIATES, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS WILL BE LIABLE (TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE ARISING OUT OF OUR ORGANISING OR HOLDING OF THIS COMPETITION OR AS A RESULT OF YOUR SUBMISSION OF ANY ENTRY FOR THIS COMPETITION OR AS A RESULT OF THE FINAL DETERMINATION OF THE COMPETITION WINNERS, OR IF THE COMPETITION OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS DO NOT RUN AS PLANNED. IF THE COMPETITION OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS OR ANY PART OF THE SAME IS NOT CAPABLE OF RUNNING OR BEING COMPLETED AS PLANNED FOR ANY REASON, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REASONS OF INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUS, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORISED INTERVENTION, TECHNICAL FAILURES OR ANY OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF RWCL, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THIS COMPETITION AND/OR WINNER SELECTION PROCESS.
- Severance: If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then the remaining terms shall continue in full force and effect.
- Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual obligations arising out of them) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
RWCL and the Promoter reserve the right to decide without appeal any difficulty that may arise with regard to the interpretation or application of these Terms and Conditions, it being understood that no dispute will be allowed, in particular regarding the terms of the Competition, the results, the prizes or their receipt, after 31 of December 2023. Except in the event of obvious errors, it is agreed that the information resulting from RWCL's Competition systems has probative value in any dispute concerning the connection elements and the computer processing of said information relating to the Competition.
Any complaint must be addressed in writing before 12/31/2023 to: S SOCIETE GENERALE – COMM/EMS/SPO, 17, Cours Valmy, CS 50318, 92972 Paris La Défense cedex. After this date, no claims will be accepted. Participation in the game implies full acceptance of these rules.